Creative technologist with a lens toward immersive learning and social impact.
Josephine Dorado is an award-winning creative technologist with an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on social impact. With a portfolio of work that has garnered multiple Fulbright awards and a MacArthur Foundation award in Digital Media & Learning, her focus is innovation in hybrid online spaces with a lens toward immersive learning and international cultural exchange.
- Currently working on 3D simulation training utilizing XR/VR/AR and real-time data mapped from physical components to digital twins.
- Collaborating with TechCamp colleagues in Ethiopia to create Co(X)ist, an immersive roleplaying program that fosters cultural awareness by integrating 3D digital avatars in different cultural scenarios in XR/VR space.
- Worked with the World Health Organization to create an online learning experience platform, as well as an augmented reality experience for mass casualty simulation training (Mass Casualty Augmented Reality Experience – MCARE).
- Worked with refugees in Austria to create virtual reality media narratives of their journeys, as part of a Fulbright-Museumsquartier artist residency.
- Taught at The New School in the School of Media Studies, with specializations in online collaboration and immersive learning.
- Taught workshops in mobile storytelling and games in countries such as Ukraine, Palestine and Tunisia, as a trainer for the State Department’s TechCamps, an initiative to aid civil society organizations worldwide by building their digital capacities.
- Founded Kidz Connect, a virtual cultural exchange program that connected youth internationally through creative collaboration and performance in virtual worlds.
- Balances her work in online spaces with her passion for teaching Pilates, combining a technology-infused life with a physical, embodied way of being.
- Leads Fulbright community and advocates for international understanding as President of Fulbright’s NY Chapter.
Josephine has full stack web development skills, design expertise and deep knowledge of hybrid XR/VR experience-building. With experience in both startup and enterprise environments as well as management of distributed teams across cultures and time zones, Josephine is uniquely positioned to lead innovative initiatives with both an eye toward detail and development as well as a vision toward future trends.
My Artistic Statement
My Immersive Learning Portfolio
My post on networked performance and exploring the body in online space: This Body Is NETWORKED