Creative technologist with an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on social impact.
Josephine Dorado is an award-winning creative technologist with an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on social impact. With a portfolio of work that has garnered multiple Fulbright awards and a MacArthur Foundation award in Digital Media & Learning, her focus is innovation in hybrid online spaces with a lens toward immersive learning and international cultural exchange.
- Leads Fulbright community and advocates for international understanding as President of Fulbright’s NY Chapter.
- Worked with refugees in Austria to create virtual reality media narratives of their journeys, as part of a Fulbright-Museumsquartier artist residency.
- Taught at The New School in the School of Media Studies, with specializations in online collaboration and learning.
- Led digital marketing for a b2b financial services firm that funds community development programs, launching a new website for them as well as their first podcast.
- Taught workshops in mobile storytelling and games in countries such as Ukraine, Palestine and Tunisia, as a trainer for the State Department’s TechCamps, an initiative to aid civil society organizations worldwide by building their digital capacities.
- Founded Kidz Connect, a virtual cultural exchange program that connected youth internationally through creative collaboration and performance in virtual worlds.
- Balances her work in online spaces with her passion for teaching Pilates, combining a technology-infused life with a physical, embodied way of being.
- Speaking opportunities have included Talks @ Google, TedxFulbright, SXSW and SIGGRAPH.
Josephine has full stack web development skills, design expertise and deep knowledge of hybrid XR/VR experience-building. With experience in both startup and enterprise environments as well as management of distributed teams across cultures and time zones, Josephine is uniquely positioned to lead innovative initiatives with both an eye toward detail and development as well as a vision toward future trends.
My Artistic Statement
My post on networked performance and exploring the body in online space: This Body Is NETWORKED